Tuesday, January 21, 2014

More tests

Results of today:

My left Fallopian tube unclear. The right is completely functional. 
Doc wants an MRI to determine which of the two causes it is. 
Two possibilities why the left is like it is. One: it's blocked by rupture, mucus plug, or scar tissue resulting from infection. 

I had an infection about 7-8 yrs ago that went untreated because the dr office was restructuring and I fell thru their cracks.  But at the time I asked about future pregnancies and they wouldn't give me anything more than dunno, maybe. 

If it is just blockage then they do a minimally invasive cleaning of the ducts in Dallas. If that doesn't fix it or prove necessary then they go in thru my belly button to fix my tube scopically. 

The other possiblity is I have a unicornuate uterus which means I have a birth defect where my uterus never fully developed when I was in utero cooking. It means I only have one Fallopian tube. And that there is nothing to do other than try to increase ovulation. 

But if the latter is true our odds of a high risk pregnancy increase greatly.  Our miscarriage rate rises, as does the chances of a baby being born breach or early term.  Or having defects of its own. If it's the latter it also means that it's likely I only have one fully functioning kidney and was born with either a deformed one or only one. As well as other defects in my pelvic organs. 

The doc thinks that the latter is more likely because of what the fluoroscopy showed but wants conclusive proof from the MRI. 

I'm hurt, upset, scared, floored. Prior to today, the tests had all showed that everything was fine just inconsistent ovulation. But now to be told this, I just don't understand. How at 29 years old with regular doctor visits and follow up tests that either of these possibilities were not found already?  Hopefully I will have the MRI soon and will have more answers. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bless your sweet heart. Our family has gone through this kind of heartbreak and fear. We have been blessed with wonderful medical care and successful pregnancies. I had two healthy pregnancies before worse problems. Then, we were blessed with getting to adopt our Zach. You and Will are so precious. Thank you for sharing and please know that there are many of us who are holding you in our prayers and in God's love. Diana

Unknown said...

I'm praying for good news for you with the MRI results. As for how does the latter option happen? I don't know, but it does. We found out when Jeanie was undergoing tests prior to her mastectomy that she only had one kidney. Kidney problems do run in the family, starting with Grandpa Clyde who had something called "Bright's" disease.

It's much easier said than done, but try not to worry until you know there's something to worry about. Be positive, think good thoughts, we all love you both and are praying for you. (((BIG HUGS)))